Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, February 13, 2009

Breakin' All the Rules

.

I really, really wanted to do either Seven Quick Takes or Small Successes today. I had all kinds of stuff bouncing around in my head. I did not, however have a moment to myself all day. I hate it when people say that and you know they really did and they are totally exaggerating. I, however, am not exaggerating. But, I'm o.k. with it. It was all good anyway (except traffic -- traffic was not good).

So, here I am at 10 something p.m.. I just back from grocery shopping, and unpacking, and I really don't have a complete thought about anything. But, I do have a few things to share, so I'm doin' my own thing here.



I finished the Kit hat. It is really cute. I will take pics and share the pattern, but for now it's tucked away for Peach's birthday next Tuesday. I think she's really going to like it.

~~~

I also finished a baby quilt that I started a two weeks ago. It too is very cute and is going to be mailed very soon to a very new little boy I (kind of) know.

~~~

My 16 (going on 17) -year-old son ate his very first Big Mac this week. For some odd reason I find that to be very amusing. I know some people probably make it their entire lives without ever eating a Big Mac (like if you live smack dab in the middle of the Amazon rainforest), but my teenager is a pretty normal American kid who has been eating at McDonald's since he could chew. I silently giggled while he went on (and on and on) about how great it was.

~~~

And on a similar, but different note, I threw away half of my McDonald's french fries this week. And they were good, and hot, and salty. Detachment, my friends. I'm workin' on it.

~~~

We were on the freeway today and Peach was looking out the window when she said, "It looks like Ohio around here." We live in Ohio. She is so blonde.

~~~

Doug and I are attending a black tie dinner tomorrow night. My handsome husband will be in his tux, and his gorgeous silverback gorilla will be wearing a real live ballgown with shoes to match. Peach spotted the dress hanging in the closet and she said, "Mom, this is daaaaarling." She so does not take after me. Of course, she's still living in a princess world. I'll try to get pictures...I just know you want to peep.


Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow, my dear friends.

My little children, let us not love in word, nor in tongue, but in deed, and in truth. 1 John 3:18







.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see photos: of the Kit hat, baby blanket and of course you, dressed in your finest. I imagine you'll look absolutely stunning!

    Hope you get some quiet time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo wish we lived closer! While I'm not doing any "blogging" myself right now....I can't go very long without reading my favorites....you, my dear, are one of my favorites.
    Oh...I want to see those pictures too!

    P.S. Just so you know....I now have a craving for a Big Mac for lunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please post pictures! How fun to get to dress up and go out with hubby... (yes, I am still a little girl inside totally relating to Peach)

    :)

    And I love your quote up there by Deuteronomy. I really needed to read that today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am cracking up at the silverback gorilla post. I hadn't read that before. But your hair is truly a gorgeous silver. I hope I get silver hair, but I doubt think it's in the genes...

    Can't wait for pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, first off...you aren't a silverback gorilla. :-) Our silver separates us from the pack (at least that's whay I keep telling myself).

    Second, of course we want to see pictures, please make sure you get some and HAVE FUN!

    And last but not least, I eat at McDonalds way more than I care to admit...but I've never had a Big Mac either. I'm a cheeseburger kind of gal. Are they really that good????

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!