Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, February 14, 2009

LOVE

.

This afternoon I took a Valentine's Day care package down to my college boy sweetheart, and since I was alone in the car for 60 minutes, I was able to listen to the radio. Ahhh. I tuned into the last half of the Mass on St. Gabriel radio (next best thing to being there is listening) and then the first half of a talk show.

During the talk show, which was on the subject of what our Faith says about LOVE, the host said,

"God does not love me because of who I am, but because of who He is."

Isn't that the loveliest?







.

5 comments:

  1. Amen! That is just beautiful—so simple and true. A lovely reflection for today ... Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb I was listening to the same program on my way to Michael's at Easton. That particular reflection also stuck with me. Happy St. Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the loveliest. Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is certainly THE lovliest love of all....happy day to you. what a good mama you are.
    what a lucky college boy!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. God's Love is beyond what we expect or deserve...I often need to remember that it is there for me always, unconditionally. How pleased it makes God when I make an effort to Love Him back...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!