Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Searching for...

.

...a pattern to knit Kit's hat (for a real girl, not a doll). Has anyone seen one around?

I could probably create one, but would rather not guess if I have a choice. If you have found one on the "Interweb," I would greatly appreciate it if you'd leave me a tip.

Thanks.



UPDATE: At Regina's suggestion I am thinking this might be a crocheted hat instead of knit. I definitely think it has a roll, which would be easier (I think) to achieve by knitting, but I could be wrong. Nutmeg has suggested that Charlotte might be able to help me. What do ya think Miss Matilda?











.

9 comments:

  1. i cant get a good view of the hat but it looks more crochet than knit to me...looks like a basic cloche, maybe try finding a cloche pattern??
    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. for knitting i have only found felted ones...what about something like this NOT doing the horrible fuzzy yarn but on that last fuzzy yarn repeat doing the sage green then adding in the bow after.
    http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/iceland-fizzstardust-feltedhat.html

    r

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://floryknits.com/fp-norohat.html

    Try this one.

    http://knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/hats/rolled-brim.html

    Or this one.

    http://www.thedietdiary.com/knittingfiend/Hats/Hat.html

    Or maybe this one.

    http://notanotherufo83.blogspot.com/2009/01/rolled-brim-hat-pattern.html

    This one is for a smaller child.


    Good Luck
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regina,
    You're right -- it may be crochet. Didn't think of that. Do you think the felted hat would curl more if I didn't felt it? I think Kit definitely has a curl on hers. And I'm thinking cotton yarn, which won't felt.

    Almostemptynester,
    Tried any of those yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so totally not crafty, so my judgment may be off, but didn't Charlotte (Matilda) do hats like these early in the fall/winter?
    I'd browse her archives...

    So cute!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb...

    Textile artist says Kit's hat is a crochet cloche and sweater is vintage handknit. Here's a pretty nifty crochet pattern that looks pretty adaptable. My little Charlotte is intrigued by all things Kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, in this one the brim is certainly rolled but in that first image it didnt appear to be, interesting. if you can crochet, i think that is the way to go.
    r

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I have a little girl who would LOVE a hat like that, too! Kit is all the rage around here ... So, maybe this can be a goal of mine, whatever the outcome is on how this is made, but if it's crocheted, well, I just started knitting! I don't know if I can work on learning two things at the same time ... Very cute and fun, though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog! I read it every day.

    I left you a little surprise over at my blog. Feel free to check it out. Just a little thank you from one of your fans :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!