Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, June 05, 2008

Prayers, Please

.

Tomorrow is my cousin Jill's surgery day. You may remember that she was going through chemo to shrink an abdominal tumor. The doctors have determined that the chemo is no longer shrinking the tumor and it's time for surgery. Her dad posted a request on Jill's Care Page last night asking for prayers for the medical team and a full and complete recovery for Jill.

I'll be praying an nine-hour novena to St. Therese. Any prayers you can add will be so appreciated. They are powerful, indeed. I'll also be talking quite a bit with our beloved Pope John Paul II, St. Anthony, and St. Julie Billiart whose second miracle (documented here) is just too coincidental to ignore.
.

8 comments:

  1. Will definitely be praying for Jill.

    Zina
    from the Ora board

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I have been praying for Jill everyday and I would like you to email me her last name as I want to send her name on a prayer list to Lourdes, France. Our pastor is leading a pilgrimage in a few weeks and the group will be bringing names/prayer requests with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers forthcoming for Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of prayers!

    I have also "tagged" you for a Breast Cancer awareness meme when you get a chance.

    God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!