Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First Things First

.

Thank you for all of your prayers. They are mightily appreciated. My back is still "broken" and I am not yet seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully by the weekend. This little episode has been my pre-Lent penance. You know those days when you have endless laundry in sight, the toilets are dirty, and the kids seemingly leave a disaster in every room they visit (I know, I know -- that's every day)? Well, if you can physically do the laundry, clean the toilet, and help clean up the mess, thank God today. Right now I would trade my spot on the sofa for 30 loads of laundry (Oh, wait. There might actually be 30 loads of laundry for me). I'm not havin' a pity party, just sayin' count your blessings.


Anyway, I am posting pictures of my little Peach today since you had to miss her 7th birthday yesterday. Thank you for the birthday wishes, however. She was a happy little girl all day (except for that one little episode over a math lesson), and she was delighted to have both her birthday and the opportunity to help mommy bake her cake (and make lunch). She's a good little helper girl and always drops whatever she's doing when I need her.



Here she is modeling the Kit hat. I opted to decorate the hat with ribbon and bow instead of crocheting in the color. She has a selection of ribbon colors from which to choose and her Kit hat can match most of her outfits (I don't know why we didn't switch out the green ribbon for the pink in this picture).





And here she is with her birthday cake. I was able to throw together a cake that looked almost the way she wanted. I could not do icing roses, but I could roll out some fruit snacks and cut up cherries. She was happy with all of it and I was happy that her choice for birthday dinner was grilled hot dogs and oven-baked onion rings!



(And the reason this post is titled First Things First is because I will get to those black tie dinner pictures, but not today.)

.

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love the cake and the hat! Peach is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is SUCH a cutie!!!
    hope she had a great day-in spite of mama's hurt back.
    i'm still praying!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a doll...and the hat is positively adorable! Is this your own design or did you use a pattern? Very, very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could she be any more of a doll?!

    And we just saw the Kit movie last weekend, and the hat is perfect. The cake ain't too shabby either :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hat looks wonderful ... just like Kit's! I better not show that photo to my daughter =) I pray your back is better very soon. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, Thank you. Peach really likes it, too.

    Thank you, Regan. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon -- last night was as bad as the first night. I think I really messed something up.

    Kimberly,
    So sorry. I meant to post the pattern. I'll do some digging (I have to figure out which one it was I used). It was very easy though -- a crochet pattern.

    Aimee,
    You are too kind. The cake was definitely not one of my best, but I squelched the perfectionist in me and Peach loved it. She's easy that way.

    Sarah,
    There's a crochet video website, too -- you can do it! -- simple pattern. I'll post it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Barbara! No wonder you call her "Peach"! Love the hat, so does my daughter. :-) I've been praying for you and wanted you to know I haven't been more than a step away although we finally got our internet drama settled and I'm back online. My darn cell phone could get the Google reads, but no posting abilities to make anyone frustrated. Hope you are on the mend, and the day ahead is a bright one for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the encouragement, Barb!! God bless your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i agree, the cake, the hat and the girl are all great!
    r

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm continuing the prayers for your back. That cake looks delicious and her hat is lovely. Congratulations to the birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Renee,
    Thank you for the prayers. They do my heart good (even when my back is still aching).

    Sarah,
    You are most welcome. I wish that you could stop by for personal lessons. Wouldn't that be fun?

    Thanks Regina,
    The cake tasted good too -- recipe found here.

    Starlightdreamer,
    Your prayers are so appreciated. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!