Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, February 20, 2009

Missing You

.
Yesterday I went to the doctor. I realized my back just wasn't getting any better. My family doctor is a D.O., and she was able to feel some misalignment in my hips and back. She adjusted my back, which I've never had done before. When she finished one particular adjustment I mentioned that it would be illegal to do what she had done in a prisoner of war camp. Let's just say it didn't provide the relief I had been hoping for. After all she did, I am even more sore, but I am hoping in the long run that her adjustments will correct the problem and the tender muscles will heal. She gave me a prescription for muscle relaxers, so between those and the Percocet I might just be able to sleep until the pain goes away (kidding!).

What I want to say here, though, is that not being able to sit at the computer for long (no laptop for this ol' girl), I am really missing reading about what's going on in your life. It's funny how we get so involved in what is going on with each other through the Interweb. It's just like reading your diary and I miss reading yours -- knowing what your kids are doing, how school is going, life in general. I look forward to getting back to it.

In the meantime I'm stuck on the sofa rotating hot and cold treatment and getting some knitting done. Noah pulled an old putter from his golf bag in the basement and I am using it as a cane -- its' very helpful, but Peach says I look like an old lady. Ha! I am an old lady!

As promised, the pattern for the Kit hat is this one (if you're not registered, you will have to, but it's free). I used Cotton Ease in almond and it was a quick and easy hat. As I mentioned the other day, I added the ribbon and bow instead of crocheting in the color. I just used a safety pin the attach it on the inside. With several colors of ribbon and bow she can change the hat to match the outfit du jour. The crochet equivalent of knittinghelp.com (which you know I love) is NexStitch. The videos are very good and I am confident that even if you have never crocheted you could learn there.

Have a good weekend, my friend. I am really hoping I'll be up to visiting again next week!






.

10 comments:

  1. i'll still be praying for you to get better. i just went thru that and for some reason it had to get worse before it got better, but i swear i wondered if i'd EVER feel normal again. but you will-and you are NOT an old lady! shame on you..
    take care and God bless.
    ps.
    don't forget to ask HIM for the grace to help you deal with all the work that is piling up...that's a doozie.....i am still trying to manage that!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you're in so much pain. Hang in there! I'm going on retreat this weekend and will keep you in my prayers. God bless!

    Oh, and thank you for posting links to the crochet-learning site as well as the Kit hat pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love nexstitch . . . that was the first site i went to when i began my yarn endeavors. of course now that i am knitting knittinghelp is my absolute life line!

    hope your back is better super soon!!
    r

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb:

    Your such a sweetie! Still helping out your crafty friends while suffering unbearable pain...God bless you! Praying that our Lord will heal you soon and shower you with every grace during this "down time."

    I've missed you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your recovery and peace of mind. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara,

    It is possible for you to swim indoors or do water aerobics at a local YMCA or health club?. Maybe when you are on the mend you can think about it. It is really helping to improve my back pain.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you are in so much pain! You are getting your lent early this year!

    I'll be praying for you.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continued prayers for you, dear Barbara. I hope and pray that very soon you'll be recovered and back to your normal routine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara, I'm praying you feel 100% again asap (today would be good, right?).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Regan,
    I am most definitely wondering if I will ever be normal again. And even then, since I don't know what I did to precipitate this injury, will I accidentally do it again? Ahhhhh!

    Sarah,
    Thanks for the prayers and you are most welcome for the link.

    Regina,
    Since you learned crochet first, do you knit left-handed (aka Continental)?

    Kimberly,
    Thanks for the prayers, and as always, I am ...Praying for Grace!

    Sarah (JOT),
    I so appreciate your prayers!

    Kathleen,
    My husband says I need to swim, also. He swims three or four times a week. The problem is the cost (we have a community rec center, but it's pricey) and the time, of course. I really need to determine if the physical therapy I am doing started this whole thing...and I think it did!

    Jamie,
    I am hoping I can trade in my bad back for another sacrifice by Wednesday! ;o)

    Michelle,
    I would settle for 10% better each day!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!