Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why Me Lord?

.


My dad used to sing that Johnny Cash song. He loved country music. He played the guitar, too.

Of course when I sing it, it's with a different intent -- like Why me Lord? Why did you do this to me? It's actually a beautiful song sung the right way.

Tonight I'm singing Why Me Lord? because high school boy is taking his temporary driver's test tomorrow and he has been quizzing me all day on rules of the road. Stuff like -- how many points do you get on your license for driving 30 miles over the speed limit in a school zone on a snowy day? Or, what do you do if you're at a green light and the road is blocked and you can't get through and you really have to go to the bathroom? O.k. I'm exaggerating a little, but this stuff is crazy and I.have.no.idea!

Help me, Lord, and offer up a prayer for high school boy, would you?

.

7 comments:

  1. I'll pray for yours and you pray for mine! My soon-to-be 16 yo has always made remarks to which my response has been: you are NEVER getting your license! But it's going to have to happen in spite of my fears! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy....prayers being offered!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, i almost didn't pass my drivers test. and if i had to take it again, i'd surely fail!
    i'll say a prayer for him and you.
    young drivers make me a bit nervous! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got it.

    Big Brother has his learner's permit (for which, in NJ, you must pass the written exam first.) I also need prayers, for a different kind of strength! But I won't let him drive my van until he gets better at driving his dad's small car. If my husband thinks the van is too big to handle, imagine a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My two oldest will learn to drive on Oahu. Fun. I wonder how strict they are there. Finding out soon. One year to go and my son will be sixteen . . . oy vey! Many prayers for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying...
    For his test, and your poor nerves!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara, Joshua is 17 and he was not really interested until recently. My college boy started late too. I'm grateful that they are not starting at 15 -- when they can legally get their temps.

    Thanks, Nancy!

    Regan,
    Young drivers make me nervous too and I let my husband deal with them. We do a lot of empty parking lot practice before anyone hits the streets!

    Barb, My oldest says my Pilot is hard to drive, too, but I don't have a problem -- at least I can see what I'm doing!

    Sarah, I don't think I'd want to learn to drive on the winding roads of Hawaii. Of course I've never been there, but it seems like it would be a little more difficult.

    Nutmeg, I think I'd be better with actual driving practice than all this quizzing. My brain hurts and I actually poured myself a drink last night. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!