Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lego Jesus

.

Put those boys to work, ladies. It would be worth picking up all those little pieces if this was the end result:



A statue of Jesus Christ made entirely out of Lego construction bricks stands in a church at Vasteras, Sweden, April 12, 2009. The 1.8 metre (5.9 fet) tall statue, a copy of Thorvaldsen's "Resurrected Christ", has taken parishioners 1.5 years to construct out of 30.000 tiny plastic pieces. (AP Photo/Jonas Ekstromer)

The rest of the story is here.


.

4 comments:

  1. I can't remember the other one or two blogs I saw this at where it was remarked as being tacky, but I quite like it. Maybe not in the entrance - maybe in the dining hall. I think it's pretty nifty! I certainly could not do this w/out crying from frustration. Kudos to those who did this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't find it tacky at all -- all for the greater Glory of God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there anything they can't make out of legos! I am awed.

    dum vita est spes est,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!That is really cool! That must have shaved some time off Purgatory for sure in the building! God Bless their poor parents who stepped on tiny little Lego pieces in the middle of the night during the "building" years!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!