Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, March 09, 2009

Faith is Art

.

Last week we had some awesome light in Ohio. With no leaves on the trees, the sun seemed to infiltrate every single space, even indoors. One day, with the sun shining through the front windows, seemingly warming every surface, I noticed how the light illuminated some of my favorite things, things representing my faith. Though Our Lord tells us that we need to leave our worldly goods behind,

Do not love the world or the things of the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15

those things that represent my faith are undeniably precious to me. And as I saw them in the bright yellow light of early spring last week, they were things of beauty, as beautiful as the most precious piece of art.

I took some pictures, and even after I put the camera down, my eye continued to find those things in our home that represent my faith. I thought I'd share some pictures here today, and maybe more this week if we get some more of that awesome sun.


One of my favorite prayers, and a favorite Holy Water font, in a corner of the upstairs hall.




This olive wood crucifix from the Holy Land hangs in the kitchen
next to the big window were the children hang their art.




The Divine Intimacy, my Magnificat and St. Michael chaplet, ready for morning prayer.





My cross wall in the living room -- always room for more.




My favorite bracelet, with all my saint friends, on my bedroom dresser with Our Lady of the Snow, and my Wedgwood crystal ring dish, which holds my wedding and engagement rings (because of allergies I can't wear them all the time), as well as my "mother" ring, and some family rings.


.

3 comments:

  1. i have that same holy water font!
    great minds think alike, eh?
    i love the color of your walls, it reminds me of buttercream frosting.
    thanks for sharing all your beautiful treasures. i've enjoyed seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your treasures are lovely! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cross wall. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!