Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Hump Day

Halfway there, ladies. In celebration, I have a few funnies to share with you.

First, is this cartoon. My mom sent me an email with a dozen or so "gas prices" cartoons, but this one was my favorite. I wear Chanel No. 5, so I found it to be particularly funny -- especially since I savor every drop.


The second funny I found last night while researching in the Scholarship Zone. I used one of these search sites that matches the student's interests/qualifications/career goals with scholarships. For some reason, this scholarship popped up as a match for my son. I suppose it could be any one's match, so I don't take offense.
Here are the qualifications:
"Applicants must attend a high school prom as a couple in the spring wearing the most original attire that they make from duct tape."
And here are a few of last year's entries. While funny, it's fairly pathetic. I think it's a sign of how desperate these kids are to pay for college -- or like Doug said, "People will do anything for money."


On a different note, I have to have a stress test and echo cardiogram today. Can I tell you that I'd rather eat dirt. Really, I would. I had to go buy a pair of shoes just to walk on the treadmill. That's how much I don't walk for exercise -- I did not even own a pair of shoes. My idea of a walk is a stroll, swinging hands with my six-year-old, on a leisurely summer evening -- no speed walking here. Hopefully that means it won't take long for them to get my ticker going fast enough to check it out. Think of me and have pity on me, would you?

.

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you for sure! And I LOVE your new picture! It's gorgeous! ;-)

    God Bless,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you today! I had to have that done too, and I was SWEATING when they finished... eww. They were surprised, and even asked me why I was sweating. Um. Because I normally don't exercise?

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture!!!

    Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you, Barb!

    Love the new profile pic ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a perfume to call my own. The one I use to wear all the time isn't made anymore. : (

    Husband loved it so I told him he has to go pick a replacement. Nothing so far.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!