Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, March 22, 2007

Wedding Meme

Denise tagged me for this wedding meme and since everyone else is strolling down memory lane, I guess I will too. The trouble is, I have a terrible memory!

1. Where/How did you meet?

In journalism graphics class at Ohio State.

2. How long have you known each other?
I guess that would be about 24 years.



3. How long after you met did you start dating?

Probably about six months. I asked him to my sorority formal.

4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
Almost a year.

5. How long was your engagement?
Almost a year.

6. How long have you been married?
Twenty-one years.

7. What is your anniversary?
November 16

8. How many people came to your wedding reception:
I think around 250.

9. What kind of cake did you serve?
Um, I told you my memory was bad -- it's really bad. I think it was white cake, because I love white cake, and I remember that it had one of those cheesy fountains under it (with green water - ugh!). I do still have my caketopper and it was the most tasteful part of the cake, other than the actual cake, which I think was tasty, although who knows because my husband smashed it in my face -- bad boy! I do remember that!

10. Where was your wedding?
St. Charles Preparatory School, Lower Chapel, Columbus, Ohio

The reception was at the:
Embassy Suits Ballroom

11. What did you serve for your meal?
It was a buffet with roast beef, ham and who knows? Do brides ever get to eat at their wedding?

12. How many people were in your bridal party?
An obscene number: 8 bridesmaids, 8 groomsmen, 2 flower girls and a ring bearer

13. Are you still friends with them all?
All but one. Most were family and we're still friendly!

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
I don't think (if I say I don't remember you're going to think I'm nuts!)

15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
There were many special moments that I actually remember, but the most special was after the ceremony, when I took a bouquet of flowers to the statue of Our Lady and said a special prayer while the musicians sang On This Day, O Beautiful Mother.

16. Any funny moments?
I guess some people thought Doug smashing cake in my face was, but I didn't, and I know my grandma didn't!


17. Any big disasters?
No BIG disasters. Fr. Bennett, God love him, skipped the "kiss" and so when I went to blow my candle out, I had a veil in my face and couldn't blow it out. I panicked when the candle started dripping on my hand and Doug blew it out. Father also rambled through the Our Father and my mother could have crowned him after she paid for singers. Also, we don't have any photographs at the reception; no film or some story from the photographer. Can't remember.

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
A couple of days in Williamsburg (lovely), then Virginia Beach (what were thinking -- in November?)

19. How long were you gone?
A week.

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
Well, I would probably change everything. I would probably have a very private wedding, no big dress and such, with a few close family members. No reception; maybe a honeymoon.

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
Left as you're looking at the bed (closest to the adjoining child's room!).

22. What size is your bed?
Queen

23. Greatest strength as a couple?
We're opposites in many ways.

24. Greatest challenge as a couple?
We're opposites in many ways.

25. Who literally pays the bills?
He makes the money and I write the checks.

26. What is your song?
"Rhapsody On A Theme of Paginini" by Rachmaninoff (aka the theme song from "Somewhere in Time")

27. What did you dance your first dance to?
see #26

28. Describe your wedding dress: I'm not very good at describing clothes -- fashion designer I'm not. But, it was white, and high collared with many, many, tiny buttons down the back, and a lace covered taffeta bodice, a taffeta skirt with lace and seed pearls around the bottom and on the train. It's packed away and it would be lovely if someone would wear it again.

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Blessings roses, white stephanotis, baby's breath and ferns. The bridesmaids carried bouquets of white roses and gorgeous Gerber daisies (just exactly this color).

30. Are your wedding bands engraved?
Yes, "I Love You."

If you're game, I'd like to tag Suzanne and Michelle

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!