Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Girls' Night

Last night Peach and I had a girls' night in. The younger boys and dad were at a hockey game and Anthony was working on a paper. We ate popcorn and chocolate (what a great combo!) and watched Meet Me in St. Louis -- one of my favs. She watched the entire thing (which I think is unusual for a five-year-old) and is now watching it again today. She's going to love old movies like her ol' mom!

7 comments:

  1. Barbara, that is one of my all-time MOST favorite movies!! In fact I was just looking for it all over the house last weekend, lol! I ended up watching The Bells of St. Mary's, another nice movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "The Bells..." too. We watched it on St. Patrick's Day. Love that Fr. O'Malley. The funny thing is, we watched "Going My Way" last week and before this week we never put together that both movies are about Fr. O'Malley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls liked Meet Me in St. Louis but we had to skip the Halloween scene because it was "too scary"! Your little Faith must be very brave. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, she took a potty break right at the Halloween scene and I skipped past the rest of that scene and the next scene where Tootie is "attacked" (I never have quite "gotten" that scene). Thank goodness for hte DVD skip bitton.
    I don't think she's that brave and I didn't want to do that much explaining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention that Patsy from St. Mary's Bells is Agnes from Meet Me in St. Louis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I never realized that. She seems so much older in "Bells," but I went and checked IMDb and they were only one year apart!

    And then, of course, Tootie, played by Margaret O'Brien, also played Beth in Little Women several years later.

    I believe we could start the Nine Degrees of Meet Me in St. Louis!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband informs me that it is "SIX" and not "Nine degrees of separation." Smarty Pants!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!