Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Baby Hat Yarn Along




When I knit what I consider to be a complicated pattern, I like to knit it again, just to make sure I get two identical items. When my kids are doing math I tell them if they are not sure they are doing it right, do it until you get the same answer twice. I guess that's what knitting the same hat twice is.

This wasn't a really complicated pattern, but it was different enough from what I'm used to that I wasn't sure. I also think the pattern was written in a way that made me question myself -- especially about the short rows, because I have never knit them the way they were knit for this pattern. They turned out identical, though, so I guess its all good. 






They are both for my shop, but only the vinca-colored one is there so far. And now that I have this huge layette to knit, that's all that will be there for a while.

My book is A Fall of Marigolds, and it's the first actual paper book I've read for myself in quite a while (I'm embarrassed to admit). I just started it this week, though, so no opinions yet.

Pop over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is knitting and reading.


9 comments:

  1. That hat looks interesting. Sort of vintage - and yet new. I really like the color of that second one. Is it a purple or maybe a blueish silver? I have A Fall of Marigold on my "read soon" pile. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color is called "vinca." It's a deep, sort of grayish purple. It's pretty.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my gosh, those hats are adorable!! (I want a baby!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sweet, Jamie, because they are newborn size. Isn't everything newborn just so sweet?

      Delete
  3. Such cute little hats! I've been knitting on socks (currently working on 4 pair) and baby blankets...one day I might have a grand baby born in the winter who will need a sweet wool blanket to warm him or her. :) Maybe we should have some weddings first.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weddings are good, but they do take away from knitting time! ;-)
      Hope you're well, friend.

      Delete
  4. Love these baby hats! You make me want to pick up my knitting needles!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!