Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year's Eve Illusions




Joining the ladies (and men) at Snapshots Around the World.





We always host a big family New Year's Eve party. Yummy food, cold drinks, fireworks, loud chatter and sometimes games fill the night. As I prepared for our company this past holiday, I noticed Doug outside preparing a fire on the deck (yes, on the deck). He had also taken the Christmas lights off the tree (three strands went out just after Christmas and so the tree came down prematurely) and wrapped them around the deck rails. I wanted to get a picture of him out there fooling around, with the lights and the fire, but no matter how hard I tried I kept capturing the reflection of the indoors, candles and shiny ornaments, drinking glasses and ice bucket ready, the warm glow from lamps, and a pair of mittens left on the table. I love the combination -- the outside and the inside -- the full picture as we rang in the New Year.

central Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!