Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, January 09, 2012

daybook...first of 2012



Outside my window...
...moderately cold and sunny. I am grateful for the mild temperatures when I think about the heating bill, but it doesn't seem a bit like January in Ohio.

I am thinking...
...about some tough love I think we need around here. Faith in particular has gotten rather sassy lately, and is just plain miserable to be around some days, mostly in regard to school work and keeping a decent schedule. I think we have a harder time after Christmas because we don't have the beginning of the year excitement to motivate her. I had to resort to the timer to get her moving today and ignore her comments about "hating school." Part of me wants to help her, and find fun things to do, and part of me wants to give her a good thrashing. In the end I know she just needs time and a strict schedule, as do the boys. They have stretched bedtimes to the very limits, and one weekends think they should be free to do whatever they want. Huh.

I am thankful for....

...prayer, renewed

...sticking to some new year goals

...hot, (strong) black coffee, always


From the lesson plans...
...the timer, mostly, and good old-fashioned lessons

From the kitchen...
...tonight blt benedict with avocado and tomato relish, and leftover Epiphany Cake.

I am wearing...
...khaki trousers, a heavy, brown, cotton turtleneck and brown patent leather clogs, with my new bronze wrist chain

I am creating...
...I just cast on this sweater vest in pink for Faith. I repaired several rosaries in the past week so it's nice to do some knitting for a change.

I am reading...
...The American Frugal Housewife, and The National Catholic Register in the few moments I have for reading. Not much time for reading these days. I've been spending a lot of time watching the four seasons of Bramwell.

I am hoping...
...for a quiet, peaceful January

I am hearing...
...two of the menfolk arrived home a bit ago and they are busting into a bucket of popcorn Doug received from a colleague.
  
Around the house...
...Christmas decorations coming down, but maybe not today

I am going...
...to the dentist tomorrow to be fitted for an occlusal devise, to help with my nighttime clenching. The furnace is being installed tomorrow and Wednesday so mostly I'll be home this week.

One of my favorite things...
...new beginnings

I am praying for...

...my children, and my husband.

...our priests and all religious

...all of the babies whose mothers are contemplating abortion this week


Plans for the rest of the week...
...school and home -- my vocation

A few picture thoughts....


New Year's Eve pretties



A pj school day, last week



 My honey making a big Epiphany fire



My oldest (right) and his roommates. They came home for dinner last night, and enjoyed the fire, and Wicked Kebobs, and Epiphany Cake.



My Joshua on the way home from a doctor's appt today. He's a cutie. And yes I was photographing and driving. My bad. But just with my phone so I didn't even have to look.


 


1 comment:

  1. Oh! I *love* that vest you cast on for Faith! It is so cute. I might have to add that one to my queue! But for who??? =)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!