Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, December 15, 2011

New bumper sticker



Maybe it's the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe (patron of the unborn) or the coming of the Feast of the Nativity...the celebration of Our Lord as a helpless baby...that makes my pro-life hairs stand on end.

Maybe it's just politics in this country, or our fellow Catholic politicians creating policy and voting for policy that does nothing to protect the unborn, despite their religious "claims."

At any rate, I created a new bumper sticker and soon it will be on the back of my mini van along with my "pray the rosary for the unborn" sticker. It takes the sticker I created a few years ago, Peace in the Womb, and adds the caveat "before all peace." It was inspired by several discussions with my children about the hypocrisy of a country which believes in peace (at all cost), but also believes that it's fine for a mother and her doctor to kill the life within her -- the ultimate war.



You can see my other bumper stickers here -- just in case you are in the market.

2 comments:

  1. The bumper sticker we've had for years (11-almost 12) is:

    Pray for priests, they need our prayers and we need theirs....

    Or something kind of like that...we turned our van in last night.

    SO, we are in the market. I'd like something like that one again. I really like your Peace in the womb though too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bumper sticker. It's so true. People are so blind. Of course, they don't want to see the truth.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!