Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, August 05, 2011

31/52

.
52 weeks of daily life in pictures: trials and celebrations, 
the extraordinary and mundane -- 
whatever is unique to the week. 
Join me if you like.



The beginning of the week was filled with twin baby girl quilts.





 They look identical...



...but, they're not. One square is different. The floral square with the green in it on the right, and the one that looks like ice cream sprinkles on the left. All the rest are the same.




Wednesday was a day for doctor's appointments. I didn't get any real pictures (at least of a doctor), just this one from my iPhone of Faith enjoying a cup of soup at Panera after her appointment. Silly girl.



 And this out-of-focus photo of Faith in the waiting room of Geoff's doctor. I only post this picture because you can see Geoff in the reflection of the glass. Too bad you can't see how cute he is. ;-)







For those who really know me, it will be a shock to learn I have started to cook for the dog. I'll go into this in more detail on my cooking blog, but just believe me when I say this is a big deal. Sorry if the pic grosses you out. 


 I also sewed Faith a little sundress with a piece of seersucker I bought earlier this summer. She is growing out her bangs and they are driving me nuts.



 We have so many fights about her hair. I want it braided. She wants me to leave it alone. And I do know that this is only the beginning.






 Do you know Ben? Talking Ben is an app. My kids discovered it on grandma and grandpa's iPad and now he resides on my phone. Most of the time Ben is like a mocking 5-year-old kid and he repeats everything you say. But he also answers the phone in a mock conversation. It's actually fairly entertaining. The other night Josh had Ben reciting the preamble to the Constitution and I had him singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." This video is a conversation Faith had with Ben. She recorded it and emailed it to me. I know that in the realm of rocket science and brain surgery Ben is nothing, but to me, this technology is amazing. Noah says Ben is his BFF and the best invention ever.



Below you'll find a linky list for the lovely women who have decided to join me in my 52 Weeks project. There are no rules (except the two below) -- if you want to start your 52 Weeks this week, go for it! I will keep the links up until next Friday, so you have a week to do it.





(1) Make sure you copy and paste the URL of your 52 Weeks blog post ( and not your main blog URL). You could also use of Flickr photo page if that's how you do things.
(2) Include a link back here in your blog post or flickr photo page.







6 comments:

  1. The quilts turned out beautifully!! Haha, about Faith's hair. My father always wanted me to have long, long, hair and he never wanted me to have my ears pierced like all the other italian girls in Switzerland. When I turned 10, my Aunt/Godmother took me out and asked me what I wanted and I said a hair cut and my ears pierced. I chopped my hair up to my chin. My dad didn't even noticed I had gotten my ears pierced. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quilts are beautiful, just beautiful. I love the "same but different" theme, just like the babies.

    Can't even look at that dog food right now.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I hadn't read that it was dog food, I'd have assumed it was individual servings of Chicken & Rice!!!

    The quilts did turn out beautiful. I would love to have time to finish or even begin quilts. There's fabric galore and even a few kits just waiting patiently in the sewing room....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilts! Miss Faith is too cute - bangs and all! Just keep lots of soft grippy-type headbands handy for keeping those bangs out of the eyes. I have been known to "threaten" a certain daughter of mine to either pin the bangs back (so I can see her eyes) or I would cut them to the scalp...yikes. And please tell about the dog food...Have a wonderful weekend, Barbara :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LUV the quilts. Wish I was close by for you to teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous, beautiful quilts! I love the slight difference in them, too.

    Interesting about making your own dog food (not gross, probably much better for the dog). Anyway, pray tell!

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!