Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baskets

.
The lovely ladies at Snapshots are looking at baskets this week.

I used to make baskets -- they were a thing of beauty (well, some of them), a labor of love and I did love making them.

That was BC, or at least B4C. Now, instead of collecting baskets, I use baskets for collecting things...cloth napkins, fruit and vegetables, toys, books, laundry, the remotes, art supplies, math manipulatives, washcloths, crafts... collection of baskets for collecting.





This basket holds a project (or two) of knitting, something small to have nearby, and my rosary making tools, sometimes a project in the bottom -- beads, wire, whatever. It normally sits on the side table next to the sofa.

Stop over to Snapshots and see some more baskets from all over the world. 

.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - you MADE baskets? Very impressed!

    Isn't it funny how our uses for baskets evolve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photograph! I have a few here and there. Mostly from thrift shops. I use my favorite one for my knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought basketry would be fascinating. They ARE a thing of beauty. Wish they weren't so pricey.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!