Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, June 03, 2011

22/52

.



52 weeks of daily life in pictures: trials and celebrations, 
the extraordinary and mundane -- 
whatever is unique to the week. 
Join me if you like.




A week ago: the young graduate, Joshua, and the two "legacies" my husband Doug on the left and my son Geoffrey.



 Twenty-four hours later (and 100 miles away): my cousin's wedding. Doug preparing before Mass for the first reading (Book of Tobit, Chapter 8).


Beautiful cathedral -- St. Peter in Chains. The Latin text says"And Peter was kept in prison, bound in chains. Acts 12:5"



Beautiful bride and groom. My cousin Amy and her new husband Matt. The pictures were taken in natural light so as not to disturb with a flash -- the church was dim and the focus was definitely on the young couple.




Fruit of our labor, literally, from our very own strawberry patch. They later became gelato. Yum.



Knock-outs in the morning. More on the garden next week.



Below you'll find a linky list because so many lovely women decided to join me in my 52 Weeks project. There are no rules (except the two below) -- if you want to start your 52 Weeks this week, go for it! I will keep the links up until next Wednesday, so you have almost a week to do it.



(1) Make sure you copy and paste the URL of your 52 Weeks blog post ( and not your main blog URL). You could also use of Flickr photo page if that's how you do things.
(2) Include a link back here in your blog post or flickr photo page.



4 comments:

  1. Happy Friday, Barbara!

    What a great week you had!

    Did you grow the strawberries, or just pick them? I want to take the children strawberry picking this summer. It's on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah -- those are from OUR garden. I guess I didn't make that clear. Edit made. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those nice-looking men at the top! Though those strawberries come in a close second.

    [grin]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great week! Beautiful roses and yummy looking strawberries.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!