Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Approaching the Hump


.

The next few weeks of summer -- those are the hump. They are hot, and humid, with no breeze in sight. Once I get past those weeks, I know autumn will eventually come, but right now, I can only see the hump. Must get over the hump.





We had a good holiday weekend -- four days of celebration. We enjoyed the company family and friends, fireworks (professional and the street version), and lots of good food (you didn't come and now we have leftovers!).


We had the first softball playoff game (which they won, so now we're on to game two).

Yes, that was a strike, but she eventually got a good hit (after her mom stopped trying to get a good shot).




Go team!




We had a four-legged visitor. My cousin and goddaughter brought her roommate's new puppy to say "hi!" He was very cute and very well-behaved. I guess so, he's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel -- good breeding ya know. ;-)





We had a deck accident -- me, a rotten deck board and a cartoon-style falling through. I'm fine, albeit bruised. There were a few tears until I realized that my leg was not actually broken. And then my husband hustled himself to the big orange hardware store for some new wood. And Faith had a hammering lesson.

A teachable moment there.



In a day or two I'll have pictures of my living room makeover. I'm waiting for my Pottery Barn curtain rod to arrive and then it will be finished. In less than a week we will have four windows replaced and then I'll get on to a dining room makeover. It's The Summer of Latex Paint. Hopefully by the time I see the other side of the hump I'll have a dining room and hall redone. Happy climbing.

.

8 comments:

  1. I'm in Colorado, so my 'hump' is in the winter. Around December, when it starts getting dark around 4:30 pm and it's been cold long enough - that's my hump. Summer, on the other hand, is divine. :) You should plan a trip to Colorado during your 'hump' time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like this is the hump of summer, too ... It's been an interesting (trying?) summer already. Our house can't be done soon enough, but it looks like Sept. now =( But we have a few things to look forward to, so that will help =) Off to the beach today with just the three big girls. Should be some nice, much-needed quality time together ... Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh. Can't wait to see the make overs! So sorry about your fall! That is a super cute little puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're ok and didn't have any broken bones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, that deck accident could have been bad. Hope you're not still hurting. I did that once through an attic floor in our old home (good thing no one was watching!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right Sheila -- got a spare bedroom? ;-)

    Enjoy your vacation, Sarah. Sounds like fun.

    The curtain rod arrived today, Charlotte. Pictures soon!

    Me too, Katy. I am sore today, but things would be so much worse if I had broken my leg!

    Barb, The bad thing about nobody watching is I had to yell for help! Not good. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you didn't break your leg! (That would have adversely affected your driving ability. ;-) )

    I can't wait to see the makeovers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're ok from the fall and nothing is broken! Sounds like a great "make over" summer!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!