Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's Almost Friday Daybook

Outside my window...it's dusk, and almost spring (whoopee!). I still feel cold, however. I guess I need to find a spot in the sun to just sit. The kids are wearing shorts and flip flops every day, and if I say "no," they whine. I guess it's their legs getting cold, not mine.

I am thinking...about my blogging break. Besides being sick, and then having an episode of vertigo, I did a lot of thinking. Not about life or Lent or anything really valuable, but mostly about the blog and what I'm getting from it. Though I love blogging, and I love the people I have met on the internet, most of the time blogging leaves me feeling very empty. I like to read about other people's lives, and comment on their blogs, but it all feels very one-way, and thus very lonely. I either need to stop, or find a way to help make it productive, or maybe the word is fulfilling. Right now I feel a call to fill myself with something other than blogging, and communing on the internet. Maybe the two "lives" can somehow come together, but I haven't figured out how to make that happen. I suppose I'm kind of an all or nothing person. It will happen if it's meant to, I suppose. I just know that I don't want to continue the way that I am.

I am thankful for...feeling better. I still have a little bit of movement with the vertigo, but I can function, and today I didn't need medication (which makes me sooo sleepy).

From the learning rooms...we started using All Ye Lands for seventh grade geography/history. Noah seems to enjoy it, and it's a good segue into the history he'll get in Latin as a freshman in high school, and world history later in senior year. With Faith I am heavily working on First Confession and First Holy Communion prep. It's hard to keep that girl at the school table for long when the weather is nice out, so I have to strike while the iron is hot. I have to continually remind myself that she will have many years to learn nouns, verbs, handwriting, and spelling words, and second grade is really very young.

From the kitchen...tonight was a yummy Asparagus and Chicken a la King over Brown Rice and Greek Salad. I'll post the recipe for the chicken on my food blog -- it was low fat and very tasty (very springy, too).

I am wearing...brown pants and a brown and white turtleneck. I'm not yet ready to expose my neck -- still not warm enough.

I am creating...a baby quilt, a First Holy Communion rosary, and a rosary for an RCIA candidate. I need to get to the fabric store to acquire the fabric for Faith's First Holy Communion dress and veil. I'm very anxious to start, but need to finish up these projects.

I am reading...Teacher Man. I've lost interest in this book. McCourt has the tendency to repeat himself, and, frankly (no pun intended), the third time is pretty boring (Angela's Ashes and 'Tis were the first two).
I feel the need to move on to something a little more meaningful.
I am hoping...for an uneventful weekend. One can only dream....

I am hearing...Doug talking cars on the phone with his dad. Faith is in the basement singing -- I can just barely hear her.

Around the house...lots of laundry and ironing. We have a mix of winter and spring clothes around. I ordered some new spring tops and crops for Faith and it's always fun to wash new clothes (especially girl clothes).

One of my favorite things...projects -- and I have many, many to keep me busy (just not enough hours).

A few plans for the rest of the week...the week is almost over. College boy is coming home tomorrow to do laundry and gather some work clothes. He'll be employed next quarter at the Panera on campus and he needs the shirts and pants that he wore when he worked there over the summer.


A lingering thought...


“It is not only among us, who are marked with the name of Christ, that the dignity of faith is great; all the business of the world, even of those outside the Church, is accomplished by faith. By faith, marriage laws join in union persons who were strangers to one another. By faith, agriculture is sustained; for a man does not endure the toil involved unless he believes he will reap a harvest. By faith, seafaring men, entrusting themselves to a tiny wooden craft, exchange the solid element of the land for the unstable motion of the waves. Not only among us does this hold true but also, as I have said, among those outside the fold. For though they do not accept the Scriptures but advance certain doctrines of their own, yet even these they receive on faith” -- St. Cyril

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are experiencing blogging angst and vertigo. That sounds like a terribly unpleasant combination. Prayers for you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the vertigo! You're the third person I know to have it this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for peace for you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry for your health troubles, dear. i will add you to my prayer list.
    and oh, the love/hate relationship with blogging. such a tough issue, friend. one you will have to decide after much discernment.i must say that i've sorely missed you this week. i always enjoy your ponderings. recipes. etc.
    i would miss you if you threw the towel in, but ultimately, if you are not happy with the way blogging makes you feel, then....well, you know.
    sometimes i think stepping away for a while is the best thing to do.
    the blog is a lot like a "baby". and this could just be the terrible twos for you.
    happy st. joseph's day. dear barb.
    may the Lord bless you and keep you. and make HIS Face shine upon you. and give you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Although this doesn't apply to your post per se, I just wanted to invite you to "Kids say the darndest things Friday" blog hop at:
    http://mysticalrosedesign.blogspot.com/2010/03/post-signature_19.html
    We’d love to have you join the fun and share your stories. I’m sure that you have some real gems!
    In Christ,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for you!

    I hear you on Teacher Man; I did enjoy it, but I share your opinion of it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!