Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, February 23, 2010

To Your Health

.

Thank you God, for today I am healthy.

Thank you God, for today I am healthy.

Thank you God, for today I am healthy.


It's amazing, isn't it, how often we take for granted the normal, ordinary, healthy days?

Doug has been sick for going on two weeks. First it was a chest cold, followed by a bad, lingering cough. He missed, I think, four days of work last week. Now, after taking antibiotics, he's dealing with the troublesome gastrointestinal side effects. Today is the second day off this week.

Today is also the second day this week that I've battled rush hour traffic on the freeway to get Joshua to school. I can't imagine what we would do if we were both sick.

I am very grateful to not only have a partner, another parent, but someone to car pool with (he does drop off, I do pick up). I pray for a return to his normal, ordinary, healthy self.

And today, I give thanks:

Thank you God, for today I am healthy.

.

3 comments:

  1. I have two kids with colds right now and trying to keep everyone away from the baby!! A mother has her 1yr old in the hospital because of RSV.

    Nasty bugs going around!

    Pray all get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here, Here!! Sometimes I wonder if we should be doing exorcisms on germs!
    I hope your hubby is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara

    Thanks for writing about what I shared this morning with my pastor...I am so blessed with health this year. I have not been sick at all - emotionally, physically or spiritually. God is good and I am so thankful that I am health today.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!