Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Midweek Daybook

.

Outside my window...more snow fell last night. Just a dusting, but we had just gotten to the point where the snow was melting all around the edges of the enormous piles sitting all around. The good thing about a new dusting is it covered up all the dirty snow. The bad thing is it's 25 degrees, and so there will be no more melting. There is also more snow in the forecast. Well, you know what they say about March: in like a lion.

I am thinking...about my Joshua's birthday. More precisely, his party. On Friday he will be 18 -- impossible! He has invited hungry teenage boys (they're always hungry) for dinner and gaming. What started as "just a few friends" has become 8. How many pizzas do I make for 9 teenage boys?

I am thankful for...healing. Doug went to work today, praise the Lord! He still has a cough, and I think he probably feels weak, but he was really tired of being home.

From the learning rooms...today is gym day -- homeschool gym for Noah and gymnastics for Peach, so school in the morning and then we're outa here.

From the kitchen...BBQ Pork tenderloin, Carrot Barley Pilaf, and Roasted Broccoli Arrabiata. This was all on the menu for yesterday, but I didn't want to make a big dinner that Doug couldn't eat. So we had breakfast for dinner last night.

I am wearing...
pink lounging pants, a St. Ann's t-shirt and my white bathrobe. And my clogs.

I am creating...a hematite Seven Sorrows chaplet, and 44 twine rosaries. I think I reached no. 19 -- almost halfway there. I have until Palm Sunday, so it should be no problem. I need to order more twine, however.

I am reading...Teacher Man. Ya know, I think Frank McCourt could write about paint drying and it would be funny-- quite a gift.

For those who asked, Sarah's Key was good, if a book about the Holocaust can be good. It was sad, very sad. It was an interesting intertwining of past and present, but with quite a bit of personal drama, which I could have done without. I found myself talking to the present-day character, and it wasn't always very nice.
Link
I am hoping...that we can all stay well for a while.

I am hearing...the fish tank, which needs water, like it always does, and the furnace. Maggie went back to sleep by the front door and the kids are still asleep.

Around the house...we are settled for a while. I've been looking at different rooms, wondering what color would look good, but so far I don't have any plans. I think the living room is next. I was thinking about Applesauce Cake (a color) but I am rethinking. If I could just win the lottery I could buy the chocolate brown velvet sofa of my dreams and paint the walls baby blue -- I love baby blue and chocolate brown. White flowy curtains, bright white trim -- can you picture it yet?

One of my favorite things...movie night. Doug and I started The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night, and though we really didn't want to stop, we turned it off at 10:30 and went to bed. Tonight, we continue.

A few plans for the rest of the week...buying all the chips, dip, and bottled root beer I can find. Actually I'll make my own dips, but I have lots of shopping and cooking to do for Joshua's party.

A picture thought:



The birthday week is over. And I think eight is great -- can we keep them all eight forever?


.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture, she looks so sweet!

    Benjamin Button... oh dear, I'm tearing up just thinking about it. I am a terribly movie cryer. That one really got me. Paul said it was because it featured two things I am suckers for, babies and little old men! :D

    I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on Frank McCourt's book. Don't think I've read that one. My parents who would be the same generation as him, hate his books, say he totally overplayed how things were at the time. My Dad would have grown up in similar circumstances in Dublin, but Mom was more well-to-do. I don't know personally, I just thought they were great reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 teen-age boys....lots and lots of pizza...you can always have it cold in the morning.

    I also believe we should keep our girls 8 forever! Mine will be 9 in April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed your post, and can just picture your beloved clogs on your feet. LOL Only 25 degrees there? It's snowing here, again today and warmed up a bit ago to 0c which is about 32F. Balmy warm!

    So good to hear Doug is feeling well again and able to get off to work again. Wow, so tough to have a husband at home who isn't well!

    Love the birthday cake, so pretty. Yes, wouldn't it be grand to keep them so young, for always.

    Enjoy your next birthday party adventure, even more memories to make for your family (and mama's heart).

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pink cake.
    i don't know why-perhaps because it is lent-but i've had pink cupcakes on my mind. with edible glitter.
    so glad hubby is feeling better.
    love the before and after pics of peach's room.
    was it hard to let the kitties go?
    that sweet baby-ness made me cringe a little...eight is great, but it seems that after 8 all of the birthdays just speed by.

    prayers and best wishes for your darling girl..she is definitely the fairest of them all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teacher Man is here on my "to-read" list, as is Sarah's Key. Should I read 'Tis before Teacher Man?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!