Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, February 26, 2010

Seven Quick Takes




1. Today, my second baby turns 18. Impossible!

I am so old! (snivel, snivel, snivel)





2. There are eight grown boy-men coming for pizza tonight and I still don't know how many pizzas to make. I have cream puffs and brownies to bake; hummus, salsa and guacamole to whip up; root beer to ice up. It's gonna be a day.





3. I placed an order this week on Alice.com. Do you do Alice? A dear reader of my food blog turned me on and I finally tried it. I'm excited that I'm getting a delivery of laundry detergent, dish soap, paper towels, shampoo -- all that fun stuff. Not that I'm excited about the products that I use every day, but I am excited that I don't have to schlep them home myself. Free delivery!




4. It's snowing again. I'm kind of sad that snow has become tiresome. I love snow. I love for snow to be exciting, not tiresome.




5. I'm up to 27 rosaries. I think I'll definitely make it by Palm Sunday. I found out that the company I order twine from has had some weather disaster at their plant and they are not filling orders. Unfortunately, they are the only trick in town (or the country, as the case may be). I did, however, find some at a local Catholic bookstore and I bought a roll of the most beautiful Marian blue. I promise if I have any left to host a giveaway of twine rosaries. It's really gorgeous and I vowed to myself that I'd never make a twine rosary in any other color -- it's that beautiful.




6. Speaking of rosaries, a dear rosary pal recently told me that when she prays the rosary daily, she has an intention for every bead. Do you do that? Honestly, I've never had that many intentions (though I surely could repeat). If you'd like your intentions to go on my rosary, please leave a comment or email me.




7. On a sad note, yesterday we lost Uncle Tom Basti. His name has been on my prayer list on my sidebar for a while. He was not actually my uncle, but our Jill's uncle. He might as well have been my uncle, because we loved him like blood. He fell in the category of "one of the nicest guys you could ever know." He will be so missed, though I take comfort in knowing that he is with my Jill.

Saints of God, come to his aid!
Hasten to meet hhimer, angels of the Lord!
Receive his soul and present him to God the Most High.

May Christ, who called you, take you to himself;
may angels lead you to the bosom of Abraham.
Receive his soul and present him to God the Most High.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon him.
Receive his soul and present him to God the Most High.



Enjoy your weekend. Thank God for every precious moment.



.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Joshua and happy (belated) birthday to Peach! Time to change your sidebar!

    Peach's room is lovely--just lovely. A reflection of the decorator's heart and a real inspiration to those of us who have three highly creative little hens (read: mess-pots) in the same room.

    How many scraps of paper and pieces of scotch tape can one momma pick up in a day? The answer: to infinity and beyond. :)

    PS. You're not old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up about alice.com. I love the idea of not having to go out to pick up household items. Now if only we could have grocery delivery in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences and prayers are with you on the loss of your Uncle Tom. Blood uncle or not, sometimes those "family members of the heart" are even more treasured.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!