Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, February 21, 2010

It ain't fittin'

.
One phrase came to mind last night as I watched the Olympic Ice Dancing competition.

"It ain't fittin'... it ain't fittin'. It jes' ain't fittin'... It ain't fittin'."


I can handle the cancan and other ethnic dances, but, in my opinion, Johnny Cash, the Dixie Chicks, and (as much as I love him) John Denver, along with aboriginal dance, just has no place in Ice Dancing.

Someone tell me what happened to a lovely waltz?



* Of course that's Mammy, one of my all-time favorite movie characters.

.





4 comments:

  1. We TiVoed them last night.... yikes... maybe we better check this out sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob and I felt the SAME way -- I guess we aren't ice dancing people.

    We are, however, ice hockey people, and so we watched the US win last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed! That aboriginal one, in particular left me baffled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Brother left the TV on when he went to bed, and I was in the next room reading. I did hear the Dixie Chicks. I had no idea there was SKATING going on! You're right--it ain't fittin'.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!