Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, November 05, 2009

Ever So Thankful




.The Sickbed



Peach is down again, this time with fever and sore throat and this morning, a cough. She's been ill since Tuesday morning. The doctor declared her strep-free leaving us with a mysterious illness.



Whenever my children have fever for very long I think of Beth March in Little Women and her episode of Scarlet Fever which racked her body with fever for days. Without medication, they could do nothing but bathe her head in cool water. I am so thankful for modern medicine. Today our children take an antibiotic for a few days and a case of Scarlet Fever is nothing to worry about. I am thankful I don't have to bleed my daughter to bring her fever down. Shiver. A dose of Tylenol or Advil every four hours is a pretty easy fix.

I am also thankful for digital thermometers.

And personal DVD players.

And fresh-from-the-drier sheets that my mother resurrected from her linen closet -- my own girlhood sheets. Nothing like fresh sheets to make your feverish body feel better.




I'm thankful for all of these free character coloring pages.

And I'm also thankful for that jingle bell I tied from a ribbon and hung on her bedpost, even if it does mean running up and down the stairs.

If you join me in posting your Thankful Thoughts, leave a comment so I can share a link.



Meg joined in -- read her Thanks here.
.

7 comments:

  1. I've got mine up! I needed to ponder my blessings today...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jingle bell is a great idea! Poor Peach. Hope she's feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, poor Peach!

    Love the bell idea and those beautiful sheets from your young girlhood!

    I'll try to post something, but no promises, busy day with playdates, bookclub and school and baby!

    (I'm supposed to be printing animal sheets from South America at Enchanted Learning for Katherine...got sidetracked)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, poor Peach - hope she recovers very quickly. I too, have so much to be thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. not again!
    poor sick dear.
    hope no suppositories are in order...
    so good to see your little thankful posts.
    we all need a reminder here and there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A quick prayer for your little sweetie...may she soon be healed!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!