Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, November 06, 2009

Not Seven Quick Takes

.

I have quick takes, barely complete thoughts, and I should probably have an unpublished thought. But I'm bored, so I'll punish you with them today. That's what friends are for. ;-)



Peach is still sick. She's bored, too. She's tired of being in bed, and I am weakening to the thought of letting her come downstairs, but we've come this far, I hate to expose everyone now that we've made it four days. I think we'll have another movie in mama's bed and maybe some popcorn this afternoon. Did you know salty snacks are good for a sore throat?


~~~~~~


The dog/puppy (when do they officially become dogs?) has reached the "sowing her oats" stage. She's jumps on everyone, steals food off the counter (she is now tall enough to get her nose over the edge and reach anything within 10 inches of the edge), and eats everything she can find on every surface she can get to. This morning she ate a picture of Joshua on his first day of first grade. He was pulling pictures out of albums last night for a school project (puhleease -- he's in high school, can we lose the projects?) and left one on the end table. I almost killed her.



I bet I can say "bad dog" meaner than you can.


I told Doug he needs to take her to obedience school because he lets her behave badly. He says he's not. He will not win this one. Monday she goes to be spayed. Doug told me he thought it would be really "cute" for her to have puppies. The man is truly insane and I called the vet to get the first available appointment.

~~~~~~


I have had a twitch in my eye for 24 hours. I'm about to lose my mind.


~~~~~~


We have no plans, not a one, for the weekend, and I am so happy. The boys will watch the Buckeyes get beat tomorrow at Happy Valley (did I say that?) and I will make BBQ Chicken Pizza for dinner. Laundry and ironing will keep me busy all day, and hopefully Peach's fever will take a turn and she'll be able to join the family.


~~~~~~


I have several projects I'm working on and it's all I can do to not park my rump on the sofa for the next two days. I am knitting a shawl (I have officially become an old lady), embroidering a pillowcase for a special little girl's St. Nick day, and starting on a sweet little purple and yellow quilt. I have so many things to do I don't know what to do with myself. I'll post pictures next week.


I hope you have a glorious weekend, filled with life's many blessings. Join me in looking at the glass half full. Everything is a blessing from God. He is good.

With your counsel you guide me, and at the end receive me with honor. Whom else have I in the heavens? None beside you delights me on earth. Though my flesh and my heart fail, God is the rock of my heart, my portion forever. But those who are far from you perish; you destroy those unfaithful to you. As for me, to be near God is my good, to make the Lord GOD my refuge. Psalms 73: 24-28

,

8 comments:

  1. Those dog takes were quite funny, and I'm not a dog person!

    Poor little Peach, hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Peach! I am so sorry she is sick. I hope she is better soon ... Perhaps you can watch that movie with her and work on one of your many projects. (Can't wait to see pics!) ... Enjoy your weekend with no plans; that is my favorite type of weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending "get well" thoughts Peach's way (even though we are Happy Valley-ers around these parts!) :) I have three sickies here, and they are all bored stiff. I am sick as well, but not bored, just so, so tired!

    Have a lovely, low-key weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the puppy (bad puppy) tales. They crack me up.

    prayers to your little peach.

    no fun being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did say it out loud, and i must agree. i think we will lose the next 2 but still beat that team up north. tug thinks we will lose to penn state, beat iowa then lose to michigan.
    hope peach is feeling peachy soon!
    r

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that sweet girl is feeling 'peachy' again real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it bad that I laughed out loud at your twitchy eye thing?
    DH is gone for the weekend and I've got the kids. I'll be doing the twitchy eye dance by Sunday, guaranteed.
    :P
    Hugs to Peach. Hope she feels better very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too, hope Peach is back to her well, peachy self today! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!