Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, October 05, 2009

St. Faustina, pray for us

.
Today is the feast of St. Faustina, whom Jesus chose to give the Divine Mercy devotion.




"Today, the Lord came to me and said, "My daughter, help Me to save souls. You will go to a dying sinner, and you will continue to recite the chaplet, and in this way you will obtain for him trust in My mercy, for he is already in despair." Suddenly, I found myself in a strange cottage where an elderly man was dying amidst great torments. All about the bed was a multitude of demons and the family, who were crying. When I began to pray, the spirits of darkness fled, with hissing and threats directed at me. The soul became calm and, filled with trust, rested in the Lord. At the same moment, I found myself again in my own room. How this happens...I do not know." Divine Mercy -- Diary of St. Faustina


Prayer to St. Faustina

Dear St. Faustina, I have come to know you as a friend. I ask you to plead to the Lord for me the prayer I ask of you. In times of doubt, dear friend, implore the Lord's Mercy as you did so often here on earth, that I may remember who I am, and to what His mercy has called me.

In times of fear, implore His Mercy that I may ever remember to trust, and trust again, in joy, and in the knowledge that God is preparing me for a beautiful mission.

Please pray dear St. Faustina, that I may never forget that the abyss between my Lord and I has been bridged by His tender mercy. He will continue to be faithful and heal me of anything which stands in the way of His Will. My life is in His Hands.

Thank you dear friend. Pray with me the prayer Our Lord taught you to spread throughout the world; Jesus, I trust in You! Remind all pilgrims of life that if our trust is great, there is no limit to Jesus' generosity.
Amen


You can find a coloring page here.

.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder and the coloring page link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, thanks for reminding me to say the Chaplet when I get home! It'll be past 3:00 but I think it will still be OK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the beautiful post. I linked you! Hope that is OK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *LOVE* St. Faustina! Truly an inspiring Saint for me. Thanks for the posting and I really love that prayer. :) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!