Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Seasonal changes out my window

.



Renee, at "Go East," they said posted a beautiful picture of the scene out her gorgeous picture window yesterday. She will update it a couple times a week, watching the change that occurs with the light and the color. What a lovely idea.

My best picture window is in the front of my house, looking out over a big expanse of cul-de-sac -- not very picturesque. So, I decided to take a weekly picture out my kitchen (dining area) window, where the foliage is thick and likely to show layers of color as fall progresses. I took my photo this morning, and I will try to take it at the same time each week. It's still very green out, as you can see. But, the nights are getting cooler and longer, so it should be no time before I start seeing change.

If you'd like to share your autumnal view, stop by Renee's and let her know so she can also appreciate your view. I'd love to see it, too.

.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful idea, Barb!

    I'm game...and what a lovely view of the woods you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do this, but y'all would be just as sick of it as me: the unchanging scenery of Oahu. Seriously. I see no colour changes. I'm sure that in Maryland they are now having 50 degree mornings . . . and lovely reds and oranges are gathering in the trees. I miss it. I like HI, don't get me wrong, but seasonal changes are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Around here, though, it's been nothing but rain for about a week ... But if it clears up, I just may have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely woodsy view you have, i am afraid i couldn't top the ones i have seen, but thanks for sharing! i do so love ohio.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!