Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Pure Torture

.
I do believe that Parent-Teacher Night at school is one of the worst forms of parental torture in existence.

It is so awful that I told my son I would rather eat dirt than to go to Parent-Teacher Night. Honestly, I really would sit on the ground in the back yard and eat dirt if I could stay home on Parent-Teacher Night.

I would rather go through labor again and deliver my 5 foot, 11 inch, 175-pound high school son than go to his Parent Teacher Night. Without an epidural.

I just got home from Parent-Teacher night and I need an epidural for my headache. Or an IV with Tanqueray and tonic.

I need to go to bed.

.

10 comments:

  1. Mmmm...adding tonic to my shopping list. I'll have a drink for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear :( Is he not doing well at school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly thought I was the only mom in the world to feel this way. I'm glad to know that I'm not, but sorry you do feel that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do, Michelle. We'll have a virtual toast!

    He's doing fine, njl. Parent-Teacher night is mandatory for every one. At our son's high school we have to go through his entire schedule, with each teacher talking AT us for 10 minutes. We get to crowd through the halls, just like they do, and race from one end of the building to another in the few minutes between periods. Fortunately I didn't have to go to his locker or eat lunch!

    Sheila,
    Nope, not the only one by a long shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's called "Back To School Night" at our children's high school...exactly what you describe...makes me want to run far, far, FAR away.....Ours is not mandatory...I've been twice in 7 years and I didn't go this year...I had a headache. ;) I've told my kids this school has our address, phone number and email on several hundred forms...If they need to talk to me they certainly know where to find me and I'll be more than happy to talk - just don't make me go to back to school night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lana,
    I wish I had thought of that!

    Oh, Cheryl, You are such a smart mama. Sitting in "second period Algebra II" last night, I realized I had done Parent-Teacher night for seven straight years and had five to go. I wanted to weep. I think next year my husband gets to go. Last night he played his "Get out of Jail FREE" card. Every teacher hands out their curriculum, class policies, and home phone numbers. I always hate miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I bet you could use one about now (Wednesday night!). I bet you're wiped out. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate Back-to-School Night, or as I call it, The Handbag Fashion Show. I get to attend 3--count 'em--3 of them, as the younger kids' school has 2 of them, one for Middle School and one for Littles. Lucky ME! :( Actually, I just remembered, I get 4 of them as Big Brother's school has a second one in February after the new semester (4 new courses) starts. Love the block scheduling...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!