Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, March 20, 2009

Go Figure!

.

I've really been trying to ignore media reports of what the president is saying and doing, but today I just laughed out loud with the way things are working out for him. Let me touch him, please; he is one lucky guy!

Last night on Leno, you may have heard, the president made a huge gaffe that should have landed him in hot water. Doug and I were talking about it at dinner tonight with the older kids. We agreed that it was an incredibly insensitive thing to say, and though he may not have intended to hurt anyone with his remark, he surely made it at the expense of a lot of people. If President Bush had made that comment, it no doubt would have replaced the economy as the hot topic on the network news today and for the next week!

I was curious to see who from the Special Olympics community was going to come out and blast him for it. Tonight on Fox news I caught it and I was astounded to hear the man, identified only as "Special Olympics chairman," say that he thought maybe Mr. President could have expressed his thoughts in a different way, although he was sure he really wasn't being mean. I really think my mouth was hanging open as I listened to him almost apologize for the president. That is, until the identifier under his picture changed from "Special Olympics chairman" to his name -- Timothy Shriver. Go figure!


.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Mr. Obama may be lucky, but, as we all know, there is more to life than luck, and his luck will run out.

    What is the saying? You can tell the tree by its fruit? The media has always favored Obama, but they cannot cover absolutely everything up for him. His fruit will show itself little by little, I'm sure. Like you, I have not been paying much attention to media reports and am not sure what the media is saying about him, but people are not stupid... they will catch on.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!