Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, March 02, 2009

Ahhhh, Monday

.
I had an awesome weekend, how about you? It was sort of a catch-up weekend, after the past few weekends filled with a back injury and birthdays, but in a good catch-up sort of way. Like a deep cleansing breath that makes you light-headed for a second or two.

On Saturday, after doing my weekly shopping (do you shop on Saturday too?), I did load after load of laundry -- you know the kind where the washer barely gets to catch its breath and it's going 'round and 'round again. And I ironed clothes for hours -- almost as soon as they come out of the drier. It was very productive.

As a reward for my good behavior, and Peach for hers (she cleaned toilets again), Peach and I had girls' night on Saturday night. Doug took the boys to the high school play (a very entertaining production of "Is He Dead?" they said), while Peach and I watched the first half of Gone With the Wind. She made chocolate-covered strawberries (in her Easy Bake Oven) and we stayed up way past her bedtime. It was all good.

Yesterday, college boy came home for just the day. Another nice thing about going to school 30 minutes from home is we can pick him up for Mass occasionally and bring him home afterward. He stayed for dinner, Chicken Parmesan, at his request, and I drove him back afterward. I like for him to touch base once in a while. I think it's important that he not forget what the real world is like -- I tell ya, college life today is sooooo surreal! I don't know who ever thought you'd learn about life in college -- Ha!

Now it's back to Monday and I can catch my breath in a completely different way. Home with my two little schoolers, my week days are often more relaxing than my weekends. I am looking forward to March. I think I hold my breath a bit in February -- what will the weather be? Will school get to be too much within the same four walls all day, every day? Will a bad bug make its way through all the members of our family? I think when I can see spring around the corner, I relax a bit. Maybe it's the light changing (have you noticed?). I look forward to mixing up our school days with the some fun projects and getting out to do school in a different venue -- maybe Panera for a morning, or the library. I don't know why I don't do those things in the winter, when we really need it. I guess during the winter I just need to hole up in our house and stay warm and away from germs (I'm a tad germaphobic, did you know that?). So, even though the weather hasn't changed, I'm looking forward to the month. I know it will end differently than it began, at least weather-wise.

And today I am leaving you with just a tidbit from my Divine Intimacy reflection. It's little, but mighty:

"God does not let Himself be outdone in generosity, and the more we give ourselves to Him in the exercise of intense love, the more He will give Himself to us by grace."


Happy Monday, friend.

.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Monday, friend! I like your Lenten theme template here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, I like the purple!

    I am the same way int he winter, I just like to stay in and go no where (we do play outside though), I think it's all the boots, hats, mittens, that are hard to put anywhere when we go anywhere. Winter is just plain hard. March is exciting!! I was just telling my husband and kids yesterday, March could be nice and melt all this snow or it could be cold the whole time and we could get a whole bunch (more) of snow!!

    I am liking the more daylight, can't wait for daylight savings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Barb...the lengthening days do so much good for this sunlight deprived gal! I'm a bit stir-crazy at present, having tended the sick for nearly a month now, fighting it myself. I think I need to do an "Elizabeth Foss..." Prairie Oaks is beckoning, or maybe Darby. 50 degrees on Thursday...

    Happy Monday to you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy monday to you too! your post is so cheerful and hopeful today-even with all the purple-reminds me of yesterday's reading-"sorrowful, yet always rejoicing.
    sounds like you did have a great weekend. and i like your plans for books and bread(panera) this week-or at least soon!
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, so happy to read of your back being healed! My weekend was busy and my day today has been busy, but very nice....gumbo and potato salad for dinner....laundry all done...got my Lenten reading done....all is well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Miss M!

    Jamie,
    Luckily my kids don't always need hats and gloves (I do, but they don't). Right now we're having a very cold snap and I'm freezing 24/7. Can't wait for more spring!

    Kimberly,
    Can't wait for Thursday. I hope, hope, hope your pipes thaw! Praying.

    Regina,
    Baby steps. During the day it feels pretty good, but in bed it gets so stiff. I just have to watch I don't over do it.

    Regan,
    Thank you for your kind words. God bless you, too!

    Oh, Cheryl,
    You're killing me with the gumbo. Pleeease invite me! What a great way to warm up!

    I have to tell you that I received the ironing board cover last week -- what a breath of spring that fabric is -- gorgeous. When I took the old one off I had to cut it up and save some salvageable pieces of the old fabric because it was so pretty--I'll use them for a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post. I love the "tidbit" at the end. I've been praying for guidance about the homeschooling bit, and that just nailed it for me. Really, truly answered my prayer. (funny how God will put answers in places, eh? :)
    So thank you! Peace in Christ to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!