Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, February 21, 2009

Little Cinderella

.

Today was the day we had scheduled a family get-together with the grandparents for Peach's and Joshua's birthdays. The birthdays are 9 days apart, so this weekend was right in the middle. We thought about canceling because of my messed-up back, but we ended up simplifying the menu -- buying take out chicken fingers and asking for help with sides -- and doing it anyway. It was fun, so I'm glad we went ahead and did it today.

The house, however, since I was "disabled" all week, needed some TLC. With some loving supervision, Peach and the boys pitched in and helped. Peach was an especially good helper -- she donned her Cinderella persona and went at it. She even asked to clean a toilet. What the heck? She was willing and I was able to supervise. She did an awesome job.

I caught this picture of her while she was cleaning the coffee table in the family room. She used a very interesting technique to clean the undersides of the glass panels (something I almost never do because dust doesn't collect there so much). She shimmied underneath on her back. Too cute! She gets an "A+" for effort.









Pictured here are the two birthday children sharing a song and a "blow-out"!







.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to have their party, after all. I think every 7 year old should know how to clean a toilet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dusting photo! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to borrow Peach for a few days!
    I'm glad you are on the mend Barbara! Take it easy though...doing too much too soon is not a good idea! I tried putting away some folded laundry today and.....it was a bad idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings to your bday kiddos!

    I hope you feel better soon. Prayers for your healing!

    Send Peach my way! While my boys do many jobs around here, sometimes the (almost) 12 yo doesn't get the "A job well done..." concept!

    Been meaing to post all week, but you have been in my prayers!

    God Bless,
    TracyW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara,
    I wish my boys knew how -- my oldest learned in his dorm bathroom!

    Thank you, Emily!

    Nancy,
    Peach would love to visit. And shame on you for trying to put laundry away -- let the kids do it. Pay them if need be (they work pretty cheap!).

    Tracy,
    It must be a girl thing. My boys are helpless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, What wonderful helpers, especially Peach! I'm sure you were glad to have the kids help with your back still out. Have you tried physical therapy for your back? As a PT, I'm a bit of a proponent for it and wondering if a "McKenzie" or extension approach may work... but you'd have to be evaluated based on your own recent and long-term back history first, and that's easiest done in the clinic.

    I left a "prize" for you on my site. I'm having a difficult time how to link to it, so here is the address: fallingonhisgrace.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-first-award.html
    Obviously, with your back, I don't think anyone would blame you if you don't pass it on.
    Hope your back feels better soon!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Joshua and Peach!!

    I'm going to try the Cinderella shimmy tomorrow with dusting! ;)
    Hey, it might make dusting fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. cinderella wishes she was so loved...look at the glee on that child's face...do you remember a time when you dusted with a smile like that on your face.....makes me wish i was still a little girl!!
    hope YOU are doing better. don't try to do what she's doing too soon, even though it looks fun or else you'll be hurtin' again! =)
    love,
    me

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!