Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, February 01, 2009

Beer for Jesus on Superbowl Sunday

.

Doug, watching something on television this morning, noticed that the beer commercials had already started. I thought this quote particularly appropriate today, Superbowl Sunday and the feast of St. Brigid.


"I would like the angels of Heaven to be among us. I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all. I would like Jesus to be present. I would like the three Marys of illustrious renown to be with us. I would like the friends of Heaven to be gathered around us from all parts. I would like myself to be a rent−payer to the Lord; that I should suffer distress, that he would bestow a good blessing upon me. I would like a great lake of beer for the King of Kings. I would like to be watching Heaven's family drinking it through all eternity." −St. Brigid of Kildare


All I can say is, she must have really liked beer.









.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this smile moment. St. Brigid is our homeschool saint, and I noticed her references to beer/ale in her prayers. Not sure why, but maybe it was a way to connect to people of her area?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!