Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, January 19, 2009

Whites

.

.

College boy came home over the weekend and brought some dirty laundry with him. His socks were disgusting. I don't think the floors in the dorm are ever cleaned (and why he takes his shoes off is beyond me). I soaked the whites extra long in extra bleach. They are still gray. And so I ask:


At what point


is the brilliance


of my child's white socks


no longer a reflection


of my ability


to properly mother him?






..

7 comments:

  1. Right...about...now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina and Jennie, I wish I had known. I promise not to hold your children's gray socks against you! (Not that your children's socks aren't brilliantly white!)

    Kimberly,
    I'll work on it. I have new socks on my list of things to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as they can walk. But then, my 3rd always slid across the floor on his belly from the time he was 3 months old. His little onsies were always gray.

    Maybe the problem isn't mothering, but mopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you find out please let me know...mine is 22, at college and as long as i do his laundry it remains a reflection on me (i mean would we send him back to school with dingy whites??).

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's time to give it up and buy him some GRAY sweat socks. Those are one of the most genius things ever invented. Failing that, get the ones that are white on top, gray on the bottoms.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!