Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, January 19, 2009

Interchangeable


.



Do you see a similarity?











Is it my imagination or have the news media, and those who believe it, completely abandoned all rational thought? What I have heard (the very little, tiny bit that I have allowed myself to hear) is that they adore, venerate, and idolize this man.

I pray for this president. I pray for this country. My patriotism is no less exuberant because I do not glorify our president. But, I wonder when they will realize that he is not a god to be adored, but a mere mortal man debilitated by the same limitations as every other U.S. president.

I never wish my life away, but today I would like to fast forward a good solid week.








.

8 comments:

  1. i get the symbolism (and you are right, the media is worshipping) but isnt that bottom one a taurus symbol? The bull, the little thing up on top, we taurus' rule ya know. ;)
    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Regina. If you Google "golden Calf" you'll find many similar images, like the one on this Catholic Church webpage:
    http://www.stjohnwc.org/father-linh/covenantal-god

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ignoring the news coverage of this "historic" event, myself. Is it really any more historic than the last inauguration? (I didn't watch that, either. Didn't even know I could! And I probably couldn't. No cable.) He's just a man, and not a very good one, at that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't watch this horrific historical event either. As far as I'm concerned I don't believe he even is Constitutionally valid. Why hire three law firms (not just three lawyers) to handle any problems that should arise with his birth certificate? Will there be a Constitutional crisis when the truth comes out?
    Well, I'll keep praying too. Our God Almighty will have the last say in all this. He's where I'm putting my trust!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you.

    During tomorrow's inauguration I will be heading to my son's Catholic high school to register him for next year. After that, I'm making it a point to stop at Eucharistic Adoration. Both of those are time much better spent than watching this "event" on TV.

    I'll have to get my weather reports online for the next week because I can't bear to watch the media drool like they have been doing all day today. Enough already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen sister!

    TracyW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Barb - can't stand the media blitz with their constant drooling over this man - and believe you me, he's just.a.man. So we can pray FOR him, not TO him.

    Now, press that Fastforward button quick!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think his "man crush" on Lincoln is even more astounding. He's absolutely head over heals for Lincoln...too bad, someone forgot to tell him that Lincoln was a Republican.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!