Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, January 12, 2009

Troubling

.

Last night I had a dream that my husband's job required me to move out of our marital bedroom so that other women could move in with him. One at a time, bringing their suitcases, the women came and went. I was in charge of washing their clothes and putting them away in my closet. He seemed to be o.k. with it. It was his job.

I woke up feeling, disturbed, and have not really shaken it.

I certainly don't consciously think of my husband's job as "another woman," but I think a psychologist would have something to say about my subconscious.








.

4 comments:

  1. that is a wee bit troubling, especially since you had to hang out and wash the clothes. i would have been outta there ;)
    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barbara, I'm sorry but your dream's just got me laughing. :)

    It's just a dream, my friend--probably a byproduct of some extra stress you took to bed with you. You wouldn't, say, be in the middle of a testing week or something...

    ...would you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regina,
    I can't imagine why I would have hung around. I remember exactly the feeling of hanging their clothes in my closet -- creepy. IRL I would be "outta there!"

    Margaret -- Doug and I had a good laugh this morning, and after he arrived home from work. It is funny. The feelings the dream brought on just lingered a little too long.

    Uh, no. No testing here. Or is there? Maybe that dang history study guide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too funny and awful at the same time! I know how you feel though. I had a dream in which one of my sisters made a comment to me, and it was hard not to be mad at her even though it was just a dream! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!