Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, January 12, 2009

Patron

.

Allison at Totus Tuus Family made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Actually, she made you an offer, too, if you stopped by her blog. She offered to prayerfully hand pick a patron saint for me for this calendar year. Prayerfully. Handpicked. How could I refuse?

And even though she has prayerfully handpicked over 200 patron saints for those who have asked, I bet, if you ask real nicely, she'll pick one for you, too.

She picked for me, St. Joseph.

When Allison says she will prayerfully pick, I truly believe she prayerfully picks. Our family called on St. Joseph several times in 2008 when Doug was interviewing for jobs. St. Joseph carefully guided our way and we gave thanks last summer for "our father's" new job. This year I will spend thanking Our Good Lord's foster father, and praying to him for more intentions.

In fact, I think I see a St. Joseph chaplet in my very near future.


.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Barb for the link and kind words! It is incredible to hear these meaningful connections between saints and their companions, but I think that's what God intends.

    St. Joseph has always been a beloved saint here. The is a beaustiful healing chaplet with it's own special beads and prayers to St. Joseph. I've found much peace praying it in Adoration.

    I also have a mystics book on his life that I intend to read someday. Around his feast EWTN has an incredible documentary on him With a man named Jesse Romero and a Nun name Wendy, I think. Did you know that St. Teresa of Avila was devoted to St. Joseph?

    I could go on and on...

    Anyway, it's a blessing to "know" you Barb. Sending you a cyber hug!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the hug -- it felt great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange.....I've never been to your blog before today. But ironically enough, I'm at Totus Tuus almost everyday.

    Isn't it strange how we're all so inter-connected???

    Great piece of work you have here! I love to read other Catholic moms (I'm a recent convert).

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!