Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, January 08, 2009

Not the Original Intent

.

Many experts say that the key to communicating with teens is to communicate at their level. Last night I proved that theory true. After several verbal paternal promptings for the teen to go shower, with no success, from the sofa in the family room, I texted the teen, located in his bedroom, "Get in the shower!" In less than a minute I heard the water running. I can't imagine that this was what "the father of SMS" had in mind when the concept was invented, but it works.







.

6 comments:

  1. Hilarious that it took that kind of talking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, it seems this new generation is "wired" to receive information this way. i might start texting all my teens "chores" to him! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to be persistent. that is hilarious
    r

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read somewhere that parents should not nag their children through facebook, AIM or texting. But I'm here to say that those are the only way nags work in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,
    I'll do whatever talking it takes. And mean looks.

    Regan,
    Don't tell him where you heard the tip! ;-)

    Thanks, Jessica,
    Teens are like that. Funny with no intent to be.

    Regina,
    Persistence is one of the only tools left in my bag.

    Barb,
    I only listen to the experts when they agree with me!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!