Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, January 05, 2009

For the Twelfth Day of Christmas...

.


...there are twelve months in which to work on my goals and be in a better place next year.

...there are twelve weeks until the Monday before Palm Sunday. It will be here before you know it.

...there are twelve days until college boy comes home again. I should be sufficiently recovered from our break and able to handle sibling combat by then.

...there are twelve hours in my day in which to be active. My goal is to rest for twelve hours and be active for twelve. I print a daily calendar and I am putting a big line through twelve hours every day. There's no guarantee that doing that will prevent me from infringing into both ends, but my goal is not to.

...and that leaves twelve minutes in which I can fold a load of laundry before I start dinner.

Happy Twelfth Day of Christmas!








.

...

4 comments:

  1. Barbara, I haven't said so, but I've just loved your Twelve Days of Christmas posts this year. Well done! (And if I remember, I may just copy cat next year!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jennie. That means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. barb, i forget to mention that i love your new header picture. after all i am a picture nerd. maybe a photo junkie would be a better discription. i can never get enough of beautiful pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Regan. I took that picture last winter. It was snowing, so it's a little blurry. But I like that it looks black and white except for the pretty Cardinal.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!