Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, January 26, 2009

Feast Day Activities

.
Since I went through most of the more popular Catholic saints in my weekly liturgical activities, I thought I'd post again, some of the fun things to do for those who haven't already done them. If you know of anything fun to add to my list, please leave a comment.


St. Thomas Aquinas -- January 28
St. Thomas Aquinas is the Patron Saint of academics, against storms, against lightning, apologists, book sellers, Catholic academies, Catholic schools, Catholic universities, chastity, colleges, learning, pencil makers, philosophers, publishers, schools, storms, students, theologians, and universities.

Here is a St. Thomas Aquinas prayer and here is a student's prayer to him. Here are prayers to and by St. Thomas Aquinas.

Here (Kidipede-- History for kids) is a good bio written for children (warning this page also has ads).

Here is another children's bio.

A coloring page can be found here, just click on "Saints by Feast Day" and then click on "St. Thomas Aquinas."

This hangman style game uses a quote by St. Thomas Aquinas. If you don't want to do all the quotes, just click "next" until you find St. Thomas Aquinas. You could also make up your own hangman game using a variety of saint phrases.


St. John Bosco -- January 31

St. John Bosco Prayer, the patron of apprentices, boys, editors, Mexican young people, laborers, schoolchildren, students, and young people.

Here is some good information, and here is a child-appropriate bio.

A coloring page can be found here, just click on "Saints by Feast Day" and then click on "St. John Bosco."

Enjoy an Italian dinner tonight. Try something from my food blog.

Saint John Bosco, you reached out to children whom no one cared for despite ridicule and insults. Help us to care less about the laughter of the world and care more about the joy of the Lord. Amen


.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the ideas! Feast days seem to creep up on me at my house, and I always say, next time, I am going to look ahead and be prepared ... One of these days! I am a new blogger and have been enjoying reading your blog. Thanks for all the inspiration; I appreciate your thoughtful posts. Grace and peace to you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!