Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, December 29, 2008

For the Fifth Day of Christmas...

.


...well, this is pretty pathetic, but all I can think of is the five pounds of potatoes that I peeled, cooked and mashed for five hungry children.

I don't have any pictures of the potatoes, or the children, but you can find the Swiss Steak and Bacon Corn recipe (that went with the five pounds of mashed potatoes), as well as pictures, on my food blog.

Merry Fifth Day of Christmas.

(Did you know that Legend says that in the song The Twelve Days of Christmas the five golden rings represent the first five books of the old Testament, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.)









.

.

2 comments:

  1. happy 12 days!!!
    this is the award fairy, visiting you and asking you to visit:
    http://dancingintherain-rubyb.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-gave-octamom-award-and-it-took-her.html

    i know it's not much, but you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!