Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A Cup of Tea and a Meme for Me

.

Bad rhyme. Forgive me, I have an awful head cold. My head is so stuffed I feel like my eyes are swollen, but that could be the remnants of the Nyquil I took so that I could snore all night and not wake myself. My husband is a saint.

Anyway, without a complete thought in my head today (we may have a sick day going here) I thought I'd catch up on some blog tags. Can't blame you for cutting out now.

Book Meme: Dawn and James tagged me for this. The rules are as follows:

Pass this on to 5 blogging friends. Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56. Write the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that.

There is a shelf above me with books, and since one is not closer than another I am reaching up blindly to grab one.

And I grabbed The Death Camp Proved Him Real.

Page 56, sentence 5:
"Time sided with the humble Franciscan friar. He could recall this conversation when Pope Pius XI officially authorized the movies as a means of the apostolate and instruction of Catholic Action. So even the enthusiasts for the cinema should invoke him as patron!

But there is another even more effective weapon that Catholics should learn how to handle: it is the press, whose influence has grown steadily for a century. According to his Roman school friends, Friar Maximilian would often speak of it, both in common recreation and during the customary walks."

I am not tagging anyone for this meme because I think it's been done. Or maybe it should be done. I don't know what I mean.

~~~~~~~~~

Kathleen tagged me for this next meme.
According to the rules, I have to post six things that make me really happy ... and pass it on to give six more people a reason to be thankful!

So six things that make me happy....happy...happy... (thinking...)

1. a really good old movie

2. a really good cup of coffee (and a friend to go with is even better)

3. the sound of my children laughing

4. a cocktail with my honey

5. a clean house

6. road trips (short road trips)

Those are pretty simple, but I'm keeping things simple these days. No deep thoughts.

Pass to James and Dawn
(payback is hell), and Regina, Aimee, Barb and Nutmeg, because I love you. Really I do.

Now, please pass the tissues.




.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Lots of rest and tea will do the trick for thee. There's a really bad rhyme for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,

    I enjoyed reading your answers to the Happy meme. Thanks for participating.

    I hope that you feel better soon.

    On a side note- I am trying to do more to promote children's literacy. Please stop in at my blog for a look at some great children's books.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope you feel better really soon! And I will not add your book to my 5 miles high book list....nope....not gonna do it...sigh....there must be a 12 step program for me somewhere! LOL

    Also, thank you for the offer of helping me to learn how to make rosaries! I really think that will be on my "to learn" list for 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tag...i finally did it. feeling better yet?
    r

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!