Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, December 01, 2008

The Monday After

.

It's the Monday after a holiday. We took off school last week to get ready for family and the big meal, and now we ware faced with the Monday after.

If it weren't hard enough to get back in the groove, a crew of four big, loud men showed up at 9 a.m. to install five new windows. Yes, I knew they were coming. I did not know that they were doing all five windows today. I did not know they would be loud and require me to take my pictures off the walls, and statues off the shelves. I'm glad for the warning, but still. I wasn't ready.

Since one of the windows being replaced is next to the kitchen table, I guess we'll camp out on the family room sofa today. And it's snowing outside, so I guess we'll crank the heat.

And for all this (money spent) I could have had a new stove, refrigerator, microwave convection oven, dishwasher and probably another front loading washer. Not that I need those things. I'm just sayin'. Phooey on new windows.



.

8 comments:

  1. Bless you, Barb!!

    I'll soon be joining you in the hubub...we have 21 new windows coming! As much as I'll appreciate the improved insulation, ease of cleaning, etc, I'm not looking forward to the mess and inevitable disturbance.

    Be blessed...peace and joy to you as we begin the Holy Season...

    ReplyDelete
  2. New windows are nice. They keep the cold out and the warm in. :-)

    And I was ready-but-forgot Advent, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New windows are nice, but so blasted expensive. It's kind of like getting a new roof or new tires -- nice, but rather spend the money elsewhere.

    The old windows were not that drafty, but the wood was rotting. Maybe they were drafty and now I'll notice the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, well, I was saying phooey on an new furnace about a month ago, but I sure am happy to feel those warm blasts on my feet each morning.

    PS. You changed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I sure do like the new lighter look of your blog! I'm guessing you've been thus inspired by the new lightness from the new windows? Or the snow outside, perhaps. Hopefully, they'll finish and you won't have to be bothered by the instilation "gentlemen" much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, dear Margaret, a new look for Advent. I'm following my motto for the month: simplify.

    Thanks Kathleen, I'll pop over.

    Well, I changed my look before the windows came, AK, but both befit my mood this month. Bare and airy and clean (if only the rest of my house were).

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just went through this but we had ours replaced in the summer (the bees loved the access!). Our Florida room windows were BAD, single paned, rotting wood, it's let the outside temperatures in and did not let it out! But today I am sitting in this glorious room with glorious windows staring at God's creation with a cup of tea. However the window buying experience is no fun, we went through a few of them and boy, those salesmen can be annoying sometimes! Needless to say we ended up buying from the most annoying one lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!