Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, November 06, 2008

.
Several of my friends of the heart here (as Margaret calls us) have left me lovely comments on the post below. I appreciate your comments, really I do, but I don't want you to think more of me than I truly am. I'm not going to deprive myself and my children of any fun for the next four years. I don't plan any true suffering (no hair undershirts or spiked chain belts). All I am doing is thinking about my purchases and asking myself if each is really necessary. The thought involved is usually the answer itself, and when I think about it, I can think good and hard about why I am making the sacrifice.





.

2 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful way to live, though. Balanced applause for your resolve in this matter. I, too, am going to try and do this - I love this idea.

    God bless,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,
    I'm sure you've won this award before but I couldn't resist. I've left you something on my 11/6 post.
    Thank you so much for your inspiration with this blog. You'll never know how much I enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!