Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, October 03, 2008

So What'd Ya Think?

.

I stayed up for the debate last night. I wasn't going to watch, but at the last minute I decided I'd rather know, in my heart, how Sarah Palin did, than to listen to the pundits.

I thought it was a decent debate. They were polite and I didn't feel the tension was too thick. I don't, however, think it's likely that it helped undecideds make up their minds about which ticket is their ticket. In other words, it was a waste of time.

I do think Sarah Palin held her own against leering Joe Biden, and I thought she came off as a strong, well-spoken candidate (But, Sarah, can I tell you, it's "noo-klee-er." I never understood why no one corrected George either.).

There was an awful lot of "he said/he said" and "he voted/he voted" and I have no idea if any one was telling the truth, nor do I care about "he said/he said" and "he voted/he voted."

And, I thought the questions stank. Except for the question about same sex marriage, which I thought Palin answered well and Biden lied about (someone check that voting record please), I had no interest.

They never even came close of the question of life. Since Governor Palin is our pro-life girl, I'm probably not the only one who was disappointed that they skipped over this issue.

And the reason they did skip it is, being pro abortion can never look good for you (talkin' to you, Joe). When John Kerry answered that question with his I'm a devout Catholic but I would never stop someone else from killing a baby, he sounded awful. So they just didn't ask the question. If I had been the moderator I would have said, "So, Senator, Governor, Senator Obama has voted repeatedly to let a baby, not a measly cluster of cells, but a baby, that cries and has arms and legs and eye color, who survived an abortion, die on the table. What's your position on that?"

Come on Gwen. Get a backbone.




* Note: If you've ever been here before, you know that I consider a baby to be a human being from the moment of conception. And I believe that the "measly" cluster of cells that abortion advocates believe to be something other than a human being is to be protected at all cost.





.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't watch it because of my moratorium on all things political - except for my fave blogs, of course ;) Instead, I decided to make applesauce during the debates and pray that Palin could just be herself and hold her own against a debate mediator and a MSM that has nothing but contempt for her anyway. I don't think they give one whit about what she had to say because they've already written her off as a small town hick come to the big city.

    But oh yeah would I have liked to have seen a question about abortion. There is no graceful way to answer for killing a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, Barb!

    I, too, felt that Palin held her own with Biden and Ifill. Her start was a bit shaky and for just a few moments she had that "deer in the headlights" look that really gave me pause as to whether she'd be up to any hardline questioning. But she came through. She was engaging and personable, she reminded Ifill and America that she just wasn't going to turn in the standard debate "performance." The questions were pretty fluffy, at no time did I feel either candidate was under the gun. I appreciate the fact that Biden had the sense not to attack Palin personally...the exchanges were for the most part polite. The life issue was most pointedly avoided. We know where Ifill stands on this point. And we know why the Republican Party has been rejuvenated by the nomination of Palin. She represents a return to the traditional hardline pro-life stance. Ifill knows this and craftily avoided giving Palin the upper hand in an area where she is unflappable.

    I'm proud of her and the McCain party. They allowed her to retain her identity. She didn't try to play the part of professional politician and the contrast between her honest answers and Biden's polished ones, was apparent. I would have to say, as one pundit has already: Biden won, but Sarah Palin exceed everyone's expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Palin fan so I'm a little one sided. I can't get over the fact that Obma (can't even spell his name that is how mad I get when I think of what that man stands for) wouldn't want his daughters to have to live with a mistake they made. I can feel me ears getting red at the thought. Mistake. Palin chose life not when it was only okay clear sailing perfect but when the gift was given. Can anyone tell me her son isn't prefect? Can you tell I get a bit steamed out the candidates. Life at the moment of conception is a gift and should be protected at all cost not a mistake to be ripped away.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!