Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, June 29, 2008

Asking Mary for Help

.
I was leafing through my prayer journal last night, not quite ready to end my prayer time, when I came upon this prayer, which I have posted here before. I think I'll make it a part of my nightly prayers, although it brings tears to my eyes each time I say it.

I'm feeling like our family is very fragile right now. I know that it's probably because we have so many changes ahead, but it is disconcerting to feel out of control. I ask Mary to watch over us at this time. Join me in prayer -- it's a good one.

A Mother's Prayer for her Children

Mary, Mother of Consolation, be with me now as I pray for my children. You, who bore the most perfect Child, know a mother’s concern for her children. You are the finest example of motherhood. Open your heart to my prayer.

There are times, Blessed Mary, when I feel so confused. My love for my children always directs me to do those things each day which will be good for them.

I always try to act in a way which will help them to be better Christians. It is often difficult for me to know what is right. Mary, please guide me through my doubts. Help me to know what is right. Help me to direct and raise my children, not for my own satisfaction, but for the glory of God.

Oh Queen of Heaven, my children are so frail in this world. Help me to guide them to know and love Our Heavenly Father. It is through His will that I have these children. They are truly His gift.

At this time, Blessed Mother of Consolation, I place my children under your care and protection. I know you will help them just as you have helped me. Keep us in your love, always. Amen.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!