Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Prayers to St. Joseph

.
I am asking for prayers for my husband Doug, who is going through an eight-hour interview today. And can I tell you that I'd rather take a beating than be interviewed for eight hours? But, he is a good provider and he is doing it for his family.


Saint Joseph, guardian of Jesus and chaste husband of Mary, you passed your life in loving fulfillment of duty. You supported the holy family of Nazareth with the work of your hands. Kindly protect those who trustingly come to you. You know their aspirations, their hardships, their hopes. They look to you because they know you will understand and protect them. You too knew trial, labor and weariness. But amid the worries of material life, your soul was full of deep peace and sang out in true joy through intimacy with God's Son entrusted to you and with Mary, his tender Mother. Assure those you protect that they do not labor alone. Teach them to find Jesus near them and to watch over Him faithfully as you have done. Amen.



.

9 comments:

  1. Prayers heading your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Doug and for you!

    God Bless,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness! God bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your husband...could you pray for mine? He completed the final interview with a company he's most anxious to work for. This process has been very, very long. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for Doug and you, Barbara - may those 8 hours tick by rather quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending prayers your way for Doug and you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just reading this now but I'll be praying tonight and offering up my mass tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!