Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Parables of Jesus

.
Barb, SFO Mom, tagged me for the Parables Meme. I've been thinking about it. It's tough to pick five favorites. Each time I hear one, I think it's my favorite. But, I've narrowed it down to these most favorites (in no particular order).

Rule: List your 5 favorite Gospel parables, and tag 5 people.

1. The Shepherd and the Sheep Jn 10: 1-16
2. The Sower and the Seed Mk 4:3-8
3. The Prodigal Son Lk 15:11-32
4. Choice of Places at the Table Lk 14: 7-11
5. The Vine and the Branches Jn 15: 1-8

For a good explanation of the parables, as well as a cross-reference of the Gospel parables, go here.

For moms, I highly recommend this book of the Parables by Tomie dePaola. I've had it on my Amazon wishlist for ages, but I just keep reserving it from the library.

I tag Margaret, Matilda, Jennie, Kimberly, and Michelle, but I am very interested in reading all my friends' parable favorites, so leave me a note if you post; I'll link to you.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!