Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pro Life Car

.

A few weekends ago Doug went to Cleveland to visit a friend and see a Brown's game. He took my moderately-sized SUV because he was picking up a large in-kind donation for the school. The friend he was staying with overnight lives in a "liberal" neighborhood and Doug was afraid the car would be damaged because of my pro-life bumper sticker. So, he took it off.

When he came home, I was not happy. I suppose I would rather have taken damage than remove my bumper sticker. Maybe that's idealistic, but it's true.

I recently found a new bumper sticker, and while it's not quite as militant as my old one, maybe it fits me better.

If you are interested in one, contact Patrick Benedict at PatrickBenedict@rcin.net or write to him at The Saint Catherine of Siena Company, P. O. Box 41257, Memphis, TN 38174. The stickers are $2 plus shipping.


.

6 comments:

  1. From one militant to another: you go, girl!

    One of my favorite ProLife stickers said simply "Abortion is mean." It was small & square & black, just like the "Mean people suck" one.

    I was hoping that the inference would be taken! (Aren't I horrible?)

    Not surpisingly, my husband peeled it off before we sold our van. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband's car was damaged AT WORK, he thinks because of his prolife and politically conservative "bumper art." It's happened more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received an email about these bumper stickers and hadn't ever heard of the organization providing them. I'm pleased to *know* someone who has one. Thanks for sharing.

    God Bless,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 2 on my extra large van: No Matter How Small, A Person Is A Person and Blacks Didn't Choose Slavery, Jews Didn't Choose Genocide, Babies Don't Choose Abortion.

    My Dh has one on his car: Abortion? The Supreme Court Also Legalized Slavery. He has gotten several nasty gestures while driving. I never have, but I figure that people think I put my money where my mouth is (all these children), or they are afraid I might sideswipe them with the 1 ton van!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Matter How Small, A Person Is A Person -- I like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!